Registration is now open for LACOE’s IN-PERSON Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK) Administrators’ Institute, scheduled for Tuesday, June 13, 2023 – Wednesday, June 14, 2023 (8:00 am – 3:45 pm each day). This institute will be held at LACOE Education Center West building, located at 12830 Columbia Way, Downey, CA 90242.
At the administrators’ institute, participants will gain the tools, professional development, resources and insight necessary to create and support high-quality, joyful, developmentally informed, inclusive, and rigorous TK environments.
There will be a keynote speaker, Julie Nicholson, co-author of “Principals as Early Learning Leaders: Effectively Supporting Our Youngest Learners.” Participants will also have the opportunity to select from a variety of breakout sessions topics.
Topics to be covered throughout the institute will include:
- An Integrated, Play Based, Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum Approach
- Early Education Assessment & Evaluation Tools
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Early Learning Settings
- Inclusive Practices and Special Education in TK
- Social Emotional Learning and Challenging Behaviors in Early Learning Environments
- Collaborating with School Staff, Families and Allied Professionals
This IN-PERSON institute is intended for principals and LEA administrators who are responsible for supporting the implementation of TK curriculum, instruction and assessment. Please share this institute information with other early learning champions. Registration deadline is Friday, June 2, 2023.
If you have any question about this event, please contact: Ama Holmes, Coordinator II, Early Learning (562) 401-5672 or Holmes_Ama@lacoe.edu.